Monday, December 20, 2010

Tales of a Dogsitter - A Lesson in Tolerance





It is Sunday night at TBTB Dog Camp and the snow is blowing outside, but inside we have a raging fire in the woodstove with a full moon out the window. Doggies have had dinner, a potty walk and are now sleeping all through the house. I’ve also had dinner and nodded off while reading in my favorite leather chair with a few furry friends. It seems like hours have passed when I’m jolted back to semi-consciousness by sounds from the roof vibrating, or is it the walls? Are we having an earthquake? These are my REM thoughts as I pull myself out of a dead sleep to see what all the noise is about.

I realize. . . no it can’t be. Is it SNORING? OMG, it is. . . someone is snoring louder than any man I’ve ever heard! Who could it be? I look outside to see if my roommate Russ is home. Nope, his car is not in the driveway. Was it ME, I don’t think so since I’m wide-awake now and it’s louder than ever. It has to be a canine, but WHO?

I did the doggie headcount, checking them twice: 9 sleeping darlings – not Luce or Woody, nor Zippy or Rock – not Annie or BunBun nor Zip Tally or Betty. Well that leaves. . . doggie number 9 – a lovely 12-year old Chocolate Lab, Fern. OMG it is her. She is sawing logs like I have never heard a dog do before. Hilarious! Who would have guessed that a sweet, reserved female could make that much noise? Way to go Fern! I know you’re in doggie dreamland right now and the other dogs don’t even notice. In fact, they are all still sound asleep. Goodnight Girly, sweet dreams!

A house full of happy, sleeping dogs at TBTB Dog Camp – does it get any better?
Woof! Woof!

Imagine a room full of sleeping humans with one person snoring extra loud? Would all the others be sleeping? Or complaining?

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than the sound of a happy dog snoring. Yet if it were Doug I would kick him out of bed!

    ReplyDelete