Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tales of a Dogsitter - Misty Ann Strikes Again!




Okay so Misty has become Misty Ann, Misty Annie, Misty Annie, Annie, Annie, and now the latest? Ms. Annie. It seems to suit her. I have fallen for this foster girl – not only is she funny, she is extremely loving, and whenever she sees a chance for some solo attention, she gets on my lap, licks my face and rolls onto her back for a belly rub. This makes her happy. I can tell because she has a perpetual smile on her lips. However, she is still up to her tricks on the side.

I have started feeding her in a Kong and she loves it. She’s so efficient and patient in her task of destuffing it. I fill up her food bowl and then stuff the Kong directly from her bowl. It is two full Kongs worth plus after all the work, she then gets to lick the bowl clean. Talk about excited! She jumps three feet off the ground when she sees me with the Kong and her bowl.

Tonight she finished her dinner and was happy to chill by the woodstove with the other six canines in camp. I was enjoying my glass of wine, she now knows it is off limits at least while I’m next to it but I know she would go for it if I got up for any reason. ☺ Anyhow I love reading my book with a glass of vino in front of the fire on a cold winter night surrounded by all things dog.

Tonight, I hear something upstairs. I look around me and mentally do a head count. Okay so six are accounted for, who is missing? Ahhhh, it’s Misty Ann or Ms. Misty, now known as Annie. Although there is a commotion upstairs I call her and she runs to me and immediately lies down at my feet looking contrite. Okay, girly. I know you’re up to SOMETHING, but that’s okay. I’ll check on it later.

Two hours later I go upstairs and everything looks in order. Except. . . the small bowl with doggies treats is missing. I see some paperwork on the floor under my desk and realize that Annie has apparently jumped on my chair, moving onto the desk (where she knocked two pieces of paper onto the floor) and gone over to the bookcase for the big snag. That’s right, the entire bowl that held doggie treats is missing. Other than that everything is as it should be. I look under the desk, in the doggie tent, under the bed and have yet to find the bowl. Go figure.

She’s amazing. She moves in for the snag, grabs it and hides all the evidence. I’m not sure I would have noticed the missing bowl without the clue of papers on the floor. Hey girl, you almost got away with it. But where IS the bowl? Did she eat it? I’m sure she stashed it to be rid of the evidence and it will turn up at the most unexpected time.

Living with a smart little wiggle butt is indeed a challenge. She is a howl and I doubt seriously that she will ever leave TBTB Dog Camp. She keeps us on our toes here and we like that. Ms. Misty Annie - we love you! How could we not? You are not only clever but also a complete riot. Now, where is that bowl that once held the liver treats???? All the dogs want to know . . .

Woof! Woof!

1 comment:

  1. I had a feeling she would never leave! I am happy to hear that because I never want to stop hearing about her antics. And I love her other alias's especially Annie.

    ReplyDelete